Using Secure Print on Xerox Printers
Posted by Bart Chellis, Last modified by Bart Chellis on 23 August 2017 01:53 PM
Using Secure Print on Xerox PrintersWhen printing to the large multi-function Xerox printers, you can set your print jobs to not actually print until you are physically at the printer. This feature is called Secure Print. You can also set this feature as the default for the printer. Then the job will be held until you are at the printer and you release the job with your passcode that you set up.
Set Secure Print as default for a Xerox printer1. In Windows Settings, Devices, open Printers & Scanners.
2. Click on the desired Xerox printer and click Manage.
3. In the Manage your device dialog, click on Printer Preferences.
4. On the Paper/Output tab in the Xerox Preferences dialog, click the Job Type dropdown and select Secure Print.
5. In the Secure Print dialog, enter a 1-12 digit passcode that is easy for you to remember and click OK.
6. Click OK on the Xerox Preferences dialog.
Now, when printing to this printer, the print job will be held until you are at the printer and release it with your passcode.
Releasing a Secure Print
1. At the control panel, press the Job Status button.
2. Touch the Secure Print Jobs or My Secure Jobs tab.
3. Touch the folder that holds the print job.
4. Using the keypad, enter the passcode that you assigned to the print job, then touch OK.
5. Touch the corresponding print job in the list, then touch Release.
This will print your Secure Print.